Tuesday 12 January 2016

"TEEN WOLF" ACTOR CHARLIE CARVER ANNOUNCED HE IS A GAY



Known for his roles in the TV series, "Teen Wolf" and "Desperate Housewives," actor Charlie Carver, who is currently starring in HBO's "The Leftovers" came out on Instagram, here, to announce he is gay.

He said: "I now believe that by omitting this part of myself from the record, I am complicit in perpetuating the suffering, fear, and shame cast upon so many in the world," he said. "So now, let the record show this -- I self-identify as gay ... I owe it to myself, more than anything, to be who I needed when I was younger."

Carver said,  he "wanted to believe in a world where one’s sexuality was for the most part irrelevant."
"I feared I would be limiting myself to a type, to a perception with limits that I was not professionally comfortable with," Carver said. "And I created in my imagination an Industry that was just as rigid in this belief as well.

"After having the privilege of playing a range of characters, gay, straight and otherwise, I realize this is not the case."

Carver said, he  knew he was gay since the age 12, and that he is opportuned to grow up in a family where his orientation was celebrated. 

His twin brother, Max, who is also an actor tweeted his support not long after the post went up.

1 comment:

  1. very cool ..at that time ..now though ..probably not good cauise of backlash that the trans guy's are deserving..forcing yourself on people and their children is stupid and wrong

    ReplyDelete