Tuesday 12 January 2016

#DASUKIGATE: NUHU RIBADU ALSO A BENEFICIARY?

Nuhu Ribadu, pioneer Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, in a statement on Tuesday denied the allegations that he returned some money he received from ex-NSA, Sambo Dasuki; explaining that he had  never met nor had anything to do with him while in office.

He said further that no security agency has even contacted him on the allegation to warrant him to refund the money he didn’t even collect and that it was shocking that some people were insinuating he received and  then returned some amount of  money from someone he had never met. 
Ribadu said: "My attention has been drawn to insinuations in certain quarters of my purported repayment of some monies I was allegedly given by the former National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd).

"For the record, let me categorically state that I had nothing to do with the former NSA while he was in office. I cannot remember meeting him at any time while he held sway.

"It is therefore shocking for me to be accused of receiving something from someone I never had any relationship with, not to talk of refunding money he gave me.

"Let me reiterate that I did not receive any money at any time from the ex-NSA, either directly or through a proxy. There is therefore no reason for me to make any refund."

No comments:

Post a Comment