Saturday 2 January 2016

I NEVER DID ODD JOBS ABROAD- Nollywood Actress

 Remi Oshodi, widely known as Remi Surutu, has denied the story she ever did odd jobs to survive.Known for her great interpretation of roles in movies, Surutu was earlier in the week rumoured to have done all sorts of odd jobs while living abroad. But in a chat with Saturday Beats, the energetic and comic actress who is never short of advances from male admirers, described such news as a blatant lie.
The popular Nollywood actress said,“I never did any odd job when I was abroad. I don’t know where that is coming from. If I ever did any of such, at least one or two persons would be able to come and say so,” she said.

Surutu, who recently opened a new state-of-the-art music studio in the Ikeja area of Lagos, further disclosed to Saturday Beats that a record label would soon follow suit. She however revealed the idea to own a music studio wasn’t hers – it came as a surprise from her brother.

“Opening a music studio wasn’t my decision; my younger brother surprised me with it,” she said. “We were both in the choir when we were young and that was where the love for music developed. In fact I wanted to open a boutique as a small business to support my acting career but he told me not to because he had a surprise for me.

“The next day after he returned from the United States, he took me to a place in Ikeja and showed me the studio which he had fully equipped. It was a huge surprise to me,” Surutu revealed.

Asked if she had embraced music as a result of the hard times hitting the movie industry in Nigeria, the actress told Saturday Beats that her latest move was just to have another source of income outside Nollywood.

“I didn’t go into music production because of hard times. But sometimes, it is better to have multiple streams of income. Even people in the music industry are also diversifying just to have more sources of income and test their ideas in other areas.

“Next year, I would be more focused on music and then maybe do a movie before the year runs out. I love music, it is part of me,” she said.

Source:punch

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete