Thursday 17 December 2015

OONI OF IFE:I HAVE NO REGRET KNEELING FOR GOD

In his response to his critics on why he should kneel  down in Church to praise God; the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ojaja II, said he had "no regret whatsoever for kneeling down to exalt the almighty God who did not only create me, but also kept me alive, saw me through all the storms in my life-journey and eventually crowned me as the Custodian of Oodua Race." and that “God remains the highest KING OF KINGS who has kept all Kings alive and had made it possible for me to be crowned as the a King of the source of Yoruba civilisation."

A picture of the new King kneeling down, in St Paul's Anglican Church Ile-Ife during his coronation thanksgiving service held to mark the final stage of  his instllation on Sunday 13, December in Ile Ife, went viral on the social media where many opinions were expressed through there comments on the photo.

Many commented on the photo that there was nothing wrong in his action, many on the other hand were of the view that the act desecrated the revered stool of Ooni.

But in a statement signed by the Director of Communication and Public Affairs of the Ooni Palace, Ile-Ife, Moses Olafare, the Ooni responded that it is a sacrilege to equate "Ooni’risa" or any other king to God almighty.

“The ILE OODUA has been drawn to a publication released Wednesday 16th 2015 by an online medium known as NEWSPUNCH in which His Imperial Majesty, Ooni’risa & Arole Oodua Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi (Ojaja II) was criticized for bowing to God.

“This act of equating me to God of Gods, King of Kings and the sole owner of the universe is a wicked sacrilege planned to embarrass the the throne.

“My emergence as Oba has been made possible only by the almighty Olodumare to whom I remain eternally grateful” the Ooni said.

He said: “God is the creator of mankind and it is God who made it possible for the enthronement of any king.

No comments:

Post a Comment