Friday 10 April 2015

INDIGENES AND NON-INDIGENES LAGOS VOTERS


Thinking like a Lagos voter,
Three things will come to play in making my choice of candidate:

1. CANDIDATE
Who is he?
What is his level of knowledge?
what is level of experience?
How capable and competent is he?
What is his track records?


2.PARTY
Which party is he representing?
What is the track record of his party?

3. EXTERNAL FORCES vis-a-vis relationship with Federal Power.
These three factors I will on my own analyse and make my mind. It is my choice, it is no one else. Thank God it is a secret ballot. I do not need to satisfy you. Even if you are my Boss or Eze or Obi or Chief. I wear the shoe I know where it pinches. I live and work in Lagos. Whoever comes in, whichever government comes in will affect me, my work, my business and my family. So the decision is mine. No one can provoke or induce me to make a wrong choice.

When you look at the candidates, everyone knows that one is more qualified for the job than the other. In terms of credentials, exposure, experience, knowledge and track records one is better. I will rather choose the better one. In this case AMBODE got all it takes. JK some are saying is a good man or nice man. This I don't really know but I know even if he is, it is not done by being a good man or nice man. Jonathan is a good man but we all saw it that it is not done by being a good man. You just have to get the skill to master the job else you put many people in pains. You don't get onboard on the highway and start experimenting, it is dangerous.

Now the party, both parties have been tested and one can really say which one is a performing party. For no reason will one jetittion good for bad. In this case APC is the choice. PDP has its manifesto, to a large extent has not really done well on the aggregate. It can not be said to be a performing party. APC to a large extent on the agregate could be said to be a performing party. Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Edo, ...APC has done relatevely well.

Normally in a more civilised and organised society, the third factor should not be consider but as far as Nigeria is concerned, we need to put this factor into consideration. We all witnessed the effect of un-cordial relationship between APC Lagos government and PDP Federal government in the last 16 years and most expecially last 6 years. So we must make sure we are in alliance, in good relationship and same family with the federal, this will go a long way in speeding the progress of Lagos.

Now even as a non-Igbo man, I am not pleased with the Oba of Lagos comment and as an Igbo man I tell you just like any other man, I will be mad at the Oba's comment. Infact, I may never forgive him. Assuming the Oba is contesting, I will have shown him the way out with my PVC but luckily he is not contesting. He has a candidate, YES. Will I now deal with his canditate because of the comment? NO. In fact as a matured man, the Oba's comment will not influence my choice. The candiates, even that of Oba did nothing wrong to me.The candidates and the parties involve have not promised me hell. The man promising hell is neither a party man nor a candidate, so I rather ignour and make sure I make the right choice. It is for my own good and good of my fellow people.

Think well

Vote well.

No comments:

Post a Comment